With over 1,550 employees Australia-wide, Silcar services technically complex assets using a sophisticated nationally distributed network to ensure 24/7/365 maintenance support. Whether you require capital city CBD site coverage, or the remotest outback location, Silcar has you covered.View Locations
Silcar actively controls the risks associated with its operations that may adversely impact upon the environment.
We appreciate the natural and built environment in which we work and seek to preserve and protect it.
Our employees and contractors and all other interested stakeholders are well informed, well trained, engaged and committed to the environmental process.
Silcar has a systematic approach to environmental protection that is an integral part of the Silcar Management System. This approach encompasses the following objectives:
- Compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, licences, client standards and initiatives, industry standards and recognised codes of practice.
- Appropriate expertise engaged to assist Silcar in achieving the aims of this policy.
- Environmental plans for each operation that address the risks and identify environmental risk management systems and procedures that are appropriate to the nature and scale of the work.
- Appropriate resources provided to support the objectives of this policy.
- Proactive and preventative risk management practices.
- Effectiveness of environmental plans monitored through reporting on measurable performance indicators, and regular audits.
Our managers are responsible for ensuring that an approved environmental plan exists for their area of control. They ensure that the plan is implemented and that all employees are complying with the requirements of this policy and the specific plan.
Each employee is expected to take responsibility for the environmental aspects of their work. Individual responsibilities and accountabilities are set out in the Silcar Management System documents.
This policy is reviewed periodically to ensure continuing effectiveness and relevance.